Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Manual exposure adjustment on Nizo 4080?

  1. #1
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Question

    Hey folks... I just received my brand-spanking new Nizo 4080 yesterday.

    I was feeling very pleased with the Nizo, right up until I noticed something:

    There's no f-stop adjustment ring on the lens body.

    My other S8 camera is a Beaulieu 5008, which has a rather nice f-stop ring.

    Dumb me for assuming the Nizo 4080 would, as well.

    So, I'm feeling a bit panicky, all of the sudden. I can't read German, so the manual doesn't do me much good. I see a couple of knobs that look promising -- maybe there's some way to manually adjust the exposure after all, he thinks -- but don't know anything beyond that.

    Could someone who owns/has owned a Nizo 40xx/60xx let me in on how I go about over-exposing my footage by one stop?

    Or, heck, how do I manually adjust my exposure, period?

    Please tell me it isn't a crap-shoot.

    Please tell me I'm not hosed.

    Gratefully yours,
    Ronson

    ------------------

  2. #2
    PhillipF
    Guest PhillipF's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Ronson!
    I have a 4080 and manula exposure is easy! If you are facing the left side of the camera (the one with all of the knobs) go to the very FIRST knob on the far left. Grab the OUTER portion and turn in COUNTER CLOCKWISE until it CLICKS into place with the pointer on the knob facing DOWN towards the +/- sign. From there just toggle the switch and that will cause your meter in the viewfinder to adjust accordingly.

    Hope this helps!

    PhilF

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Talking

    Hey Phil, thanks! When I run my test roll, I'll be sure to play with that knob and see what's what! smile



    ------------------

  4. #4
    PhillipF
    Guest PhillipF's Avatar

    Post

    No prob! I find that I like the manual exposure a bit more. You'll love that camera!

    Good luck!

    PhilF

    ------------------

  5. #5
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    You will have to look through the lens to see what f-stop you're at when adjusting it.
    No guessing involved!
    I have a 6080, and I am quite fond of it.
    Nice machine, especially because of how quiet they are!

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •